Last updated May 2018
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small files stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are commonly used by the website owner in order to make the website work efficiently, and also to provide reporting information.
- keep track of services you have used
- record registration information
- enable advertisements
- track the pages you visit
- record your user preferences
- keep you logged into the Site
- facilitate purchases
Cookies set by the website owner (in this case, Style One On) are called “first party cookies” and can be either permanent or temporary. These are necessary cookies, without which the Site won’t work properly or be able to provide certain features and functionalities. Some of these may be manually disabled in your browser, but may affect the functionality of the Site.
Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called “third party cookies”. Third party cookies enable third party features and functionality (eg. advertising, analytics, and interactive content) throughout the website. The parties that set these third party cookies (eg. Google Analytics) recognize your computer when it visits our website, and also other websites.
We use Google Analytics which is a widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and details of visitor behavior. These cookies may also track the following so that we can continue to produce engaging content:
- visit stats and trends
- how long you spend on the site
- pages that you visit
- what you are searching for on the site
- referral traffic
This information is safely processed in and does not identify visitors. We, and Google, do not attempt to seek or reveal the identities of those visiting our website.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
TYPES OF COOKIES
The following types of cookies may be used when you visit the Site:
Advertisers will place advertising cookies on your computer in order to display ads that are most likely to be of interest to you.
These cookies allow advertisers to:
- gather information about your visits to the Site
- alternate the ads sent to a specific computer
- track how often an ad has been viewed and by whom
These cookies do not gather any personal information about you.
- Analytics cookies monitor how users reached the Site, and how they interact with and move around once on the Site. These cookies let us know what features on the Site are working the best and what features can be improved upon.
- Some cookies are required for technical reasons in order to operate our website, and we refer to these as “essential” or “performance” cookies.
- These cookies are necessary to provide you with services and features on our Website. If you refuse these necessary cookies, it is likely you might not benefit from the services and features you request. However, you can block or delete them by changing your browser setting as described below at “How can I control cookies?”
- These cookies enhance the performance of websites but are non-essential. Nonetheless, without performance cookies, certain functions such as videos, may not perform effectively or become unavailable.
How to control cookies
If you want to disable cookies, you can do so through your browser’s settings. How you do this depends on the browser you use. Most browsers have an option for turning off the cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, and also let you decide whether to accept each new cookie.
You can also delete all cookies that are already on your computer. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and again, some Services and may not work effectively.
For more information on how to control cookies or reject cookies, check your browser, or visit the following links: